Sunday 25 August 2013

Tofu Larb


I adore Thai food. Growing up in singapore, I got access to lots of amazing, authentic Thai cuisine and needless to say, I fell in love. Some of my favorites are Som Tum (raw papaya salad, Phad Thai, Khao Na Pla (Honey Sesame Fish), Red Curry and of course... Larb. 



Larb is traditionally made with minced meat, onions, ginger, garlic lime juice, mint and fish sauce but I decided to give it my own twist. Taking inspiration from this recipe, I made a vegetarian larb by using grated tofu, thai chilli sauce, soy sauce and adding lettuce to make it more vibrant.
Tofu Larb
1 serving

Ingredients
1 tsp oil (sesame, canola, vegetable or olive oil would all work well)
4 cloves garlic
1/2 onion
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp lime/lemon juice
1 tablespoon thai chilli sauce
1/2-1 tablespoon soy sauce (depending on taste)
100 gram tofu
handful mint or coriander or basil (I used coriander)
2 lettuce leaf

Directions

Grate tofu into fine bits or if it's soft, you could mash it with your hands.
Dice ginger, garlic and onion
Cut Lettuce into threads

Heat oil in a skillet
Add ginger, garlic and onion and cook until browned, stirring throughout
Add tofu, soy sauce and chilli sauce and mix everything well
Cook for a few minutes until tofu is cooked
Add herbs, lettuce and lime juice and mix everything well before serving




No comments:

Post a Comment